67001 Well Established Catering Business
Overview of the Business
Catering business established in1983 and subsequently franchising across Australia and New Zealand, this business supplies a range of solutions from simple meat only parties to 3 course buffet style meals, breakfasts and Wedding Catering. “We always cook on site”.
Previously run from a home base, the current owners moved the operation to a warehouse that is located in the centre of the franchise area – Somerville- on the Mornington Peninsula. Clientele consists of numerous repeat customers ranging from Corporate, Sports Clubs, Organisations such as CFA, Vision Australia along with a strong private client base. During the wedding season, October to March, between 3 to 8 weddings are catered for each month.
Currently owning 3 Franchise areas – South Melbourne & SE suburbs, the Mornington Peninsula and Bayside. Also catering in the Yarra Ranges, Yarra Valley, Gippsland, The Bass Highway and Phillip Island and as far east from Melbourne as you are prepared to travel. An additional franchise is available to the east. The franchise is based in a large growth corridor, within 30 minute drive of large industrial areas/business retail sites of Carrum and Dandenong plus 10 minutes from the proposed expansion of Hastings Container Terminal. The region is also a great tourist centre for wineries, beaches/surfing and racing properties, together with a high ratio of ”2nd homes” which offer opportunities to cater for holiday homes, home functions and activity functions. Based close to Universities and Schools providing opportunities for recruitment of local students for casual work over the summer and holiday seasons.
• Future bookings already in place
• No previous catering experience necessary
• Staff in place all happy to stay
• Current owners willing to stay on to assist with transition period
• Easily run by a couple with additional staff or family
• Franchise Fees fixed, currently only $1.21 per head + marketing levy .77c per head
• Can be re-located to property/acreage if required
• Warehouse lease is good value for the surrounding area
• Able to choose your own suppliers
• Policies and procedures in place
• High volume of stock not required
• Catering processes are the same for 30 people as it is for 500/5000 people. You just need more staff and equipment.